For Canadian practices, you might find it necessary to have clients sign a Sensitive Area Consent form for their session. Here are two approaches to how this can be accomplished:
Option 1: Create a New Form
- Go to the Clients page
- Find the client file of the client in question
- Click the More options button beside the client's name
- Select Fill out forms from the drop-down menu
- A new window will open, select the Sensitive Areas Consent form
- Select Fill out now
- The form will open in a client-friendly view (you will also be logged out of your account so that the client cannot access other clients' personal health information)
- Hand your device to the client and ask them to complete the intake form
Note: Creating a new form will not override previous data, instead you will be creating a new version of the form.
Option 2: Add Sensitive Areas Consent Section to Note Template
Alternatively, you have the ability to add the Sensitive Areas Consent form as part of your treatment note template:
- Go to the Treatment Note Builder
- Select your desired template from the left-hand side
- Add a new tab
- Using the pencil icon, rename the tab "Sensitive Areas Consent"
- To add a section, click the Add Question button at the bottom of the page
- Begin creating your Sensitive Are Consent form. As a reference, you can use the CMTO's Sample Sensitive Areas Consent form. Also, you can reference our How to create a SOAP note template article for guidance on adding sections to the form
- Click the Save Template button
Note: Even though you are adding a Sensitive Area Consent section to your treatment note, it is not necessary to fill it out. If the section is left blank, it will be removed from the note once it is finalized.