While we don’t offer the option to email SOAP notes to prevent a potential HIPAA, PHIPA, and PIPEDA violation, you are still able to download and email the SOAP note if you have your client's permission. Below are instructions on how to do so:
- Go to the Clients page and pull up the client file of the desired client
- Click Appointments & SOAP notes
- There, find the appointment you want to print and click the view button
- Once the appointment is open, click on SOAP note (in the left menu)
- Click the Print button on the top right corner.
- In the new tab that opens, click the download button at the top right to save the SOAP note to your computer
- Finally, you can attach the downloaded file to an email and send it to the desired recipient using your preferred email program (i.e. Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook)